2017 is shaping up to be a great year for digital marketing. In this series, we’ll cover 7 digital marketing trends that will rule 2017, each with its own difficulties and rewards. This week’s trend is…
Creating Measurable High-Quality and Visual Content
Content marketing has long been the reigning marketing strategy, but the race for the best creative content is about to get a whole lot tougher. In 2017, content creators can expect to run into a few challenges…
- Everyone competes for the same content. There are only so many genres of content and only so many (effective) ways of sharing that content.
- Attention spans are getting shorter. The average time spent watching a video on the internet is only 2.7 minutes.
- There are problems accurately showing the ROI or ROE (return on engagement). A good ROE means your content is making your brand stronger and gives it a positive connotation to consumers. One way to measure ROE is social media analytics, but not all platforms have comprehensive analytics. Plus numbers never tell the whole story.
- There are problems with content consistency. No one can churn out high-quality content 100% of the time.
- There are problems with becoming a Subject Matter Expert. Plus, your business’s Subject Matter Expert is likely to consider marketing meetings to be a waste of time. For the most effect strategy, meetings with SMEs are essential.
- There are problems with creating a Branding Voice. Do you use the same tone in every piece of content? Do you even know what your Branding Voice is?
Visual content can help solve many of these problems, but challenges remain for all types of content.
If you would like to know more about making high-quality effective content for your business, don’t hesitate to contact us!